Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccif1024

Technical User
Jun 14, 2002
US
I have inherited several CS1000-S and CS1000-E (4.5) located at remote offices. I am trying to write up worst case scenarios and restoral actions to speed up the recovery process.

We have database backed up locally (I assume to flash cards) and to remote location on the network.

How does a Call Server get replaced and brought to the point it can download the database from the network?

-What do I need to ensure is at the site? (info and CDs?, licences?)

I guess I have the same qustion about the Signaling Server.
Thanks

First of all, have more than one backup source & location. I usually prefer to do a XBK in LD 143. This backup copy takes longer to do, but it will collect everything to do with your system.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

Useful Nortel forum at
If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Agree about the multiple backups. I have arranged for this to be done locally.
If a new CS is brought in, how do I get it to the point where it will take the backed up dbase? (boot menu?)

I do have a guide on restoring (and backing) a Option 11c system. It should do the trick for you, but you won't normally need new kit, unless your CPU has been zapped. Usually the daughterboard gets corrupted and fails. This is where the software is stored (bit like a hard disk!). If you have the software on a PCMCIA card, then you can reload the software & even if possible recover the database from your CPU.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

Useful Nortel forum at
If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back