Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

system recovered from serious error

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksnpc

Technical User
Jan 23, 2004
US
Hi,

I have an XP Pro SP1 pc that has suddenly started giving me an error message on login that says something like "This system has recovered from a serious error". If I press the Send Error Report button it tells me it's an unknown driver error. There haven't been any hardware changes so I'm not sure why this happened all of a sudden. When I look in the event viewer it says "Error code 00000027, parameter1 baad009c, parameter2 f4abf654, parameter3 f4abf354, parameter4 f5169558."

I tried the following and none have helped - updating the video drivers, replacing the video card (video seems to be the one that usually gives me trouble) and changing the paging file.

I guess I'm not really sure how to figure out which driver (or hardware?) is the problem, trial and error doesn't seem to be very efficient. Does anyone have any experience with this particular problem or know of any quick way to locate a driver problem?

Thanks,
Shauna

Have you tried system restore to before it started?

I just finished that. I don't know why I didn't think of it earlier. I didn't realize how far back the problem went, the user just reported it Friday, but it had apparently been going on for awhile before that. She also told me that it's been happening most of the times she logs in, but not every time. I'm hopeful this will take care of her problem. Thanks for the suggestion!

I just wanted to post a follow up in case someone else has the same issue. Unfortunately, I ended up having to reinstall the OS to get rid of the "serious error" messages. The system restore seemed to work at first but the error came back. I tried the other solutions as well but they didn't work for me. Thanks to both of you for taking the time to offer possible solution!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back