Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System reboot and Call Centre on BCM50

Status
Not open for further replies.

dukane123

Technical User
Feb 12, 2020
CA
Hello everyone, quick question -

I would like to implement scheduled reboots on a BCM50 R6, fully patched. Before I do, I'd like to double-check the effect that a reboot will have on my Call Centre setup.

Our office uses a skillset to route calls to agents during the day and a CCR tree at night, so this skillset remains enabled 24/7. If I schedule reboots to occur (say, monthly), will the skillset come back enabled and ready for agents to log in the next day, or will I need to be present to manually re-enable the skillset after each reboot?

Thanks,
Matteo

That's a good question. I was always under the impression that the system would boot up in the same state as it was prior to the power reset. The only difference being if the time was manually set and not via NTP etc. A difference in time could affect call flow.

I would have thought a reboot would have meany that any ACD Agents would need to log back in again.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Having given it a little more thought, I seem to recall that any logged in ACD Agents do get logged out when a BCM backup is done. Therefore it would seem reasonable that they would be logged out after a reboot.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

I am going to also guess the system would stay in the same state (much like Service Modes)
I doubt you would have to do anything, you do not have worry about AA settings turning off so I don't see why a Skillset would be the same.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I managed to get in today and test a scheduled reboot.

It went exactly as you both suggested. I logged a few agents into the skillset and then set up a scheduled reboot in EM to occur a couple minutes later. When the reboot was triggered, the agents were logged out gracefully before the system went down (I have F904 keys programmed and the "logged in" indicator lights went out on the phones). The system rebooted and came back up with the skillset enabled (as it was prior to the reboot).

Since I will be scheduling the reboot to occur overnight, the fact that the agents are logged out in the process won't be an issue because the agents log themselves out anyway when they leave at the end of the day.

Thanks for your help!
Matteo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back