Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System printers not showing in autocad 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

albertsjo

IS-IT--Management
Jan 24, 2002
US
I have a user that has a Windows 2000 machine with autocad 2000. We are not able to print to Windows system printers. They don't even show within the plot device tab? We have a couple other Win 2000 machines that show these printers within autocad. I've tried deleting system printer and reinstalling, I've tried making a pc3 file. After making a .pc3 file I get this error when trying to print "HP Deskjet 895c series printer: This plotter configuration cannot be used....". Any suggestions?

Have you tried using the Add Plotter Wizard?? Found in x:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2000\addplwiz.exe
There are a coupl of options to try, if its a local printer you can choose My Computer and select the drivers from the list, or you can choose the Use System Printers option, and select any printers already installed. There then is only the one option if the printer is on a network, which dont think it is??!!
See what happens when you use that...(If you haven't already!!) Jay~

My new Tae Kwon Do website is up and running!!

~KeyTech

KeyTech-

It is a network printer and, yes, I've tried the add plotter wizard. :( thanks for trying!

-J

Is the printer on a Jet Direct box and got it's own IP address etc? Or is it installed on another PC and shared off that? If so, what is the OS? If it is different that 2000, you might need to download the latest drivers for it, or if its not too old, get them off the CD that came with the printer. Jay~

My new Tae Kwon Do website is up and running!!

~KeyTech

Have you install AutoCAD 2000 Service Pack 1? Service Pack 1 fixes problems with printing on Windows 2000 machines. There is a Service Pack 2, but you must install SP1 first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back