Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

system printer for definity reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

applepie

Technical User
Jun 26, 2001
US
We had system printer for reports set up in phone room, connected via 7400A data module. Printer was removed since it wasn't being used. Have since started doing system admin via ASA on my PC, and want to schedule reports to print after hours - would like to use my nearest network printer. Can this be set up as system printer? There are other people on my floor that use this printer as well. Phone room is on 1st floor, network printer is on 3rd. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Hi,

Within DSA (ASA) you can print on any networked printer maped to your pc. Within advanced, there is a report option - simply follow the on screen prompts to configure this for the most common reporting tasks.

Hope this helps,

Chris

I tried this, and a message appears in the 'history' window for each job I scheduled- it says 'task shows no record of execution at last scheduled time'. The schedule window shows that the reports are scheduled. I am selecting 'screen capture to default printer' and then scheduling the time. The reports I want are 'list bcms agent 8170' etc. for each agent in the hunt group.
Any ideas?

yeah, you need to ensure that you automatically log in if you do not leave the connection open - if you leave the connection up then you need to ensure the emulation/gedi window is closed.

Got it to work now. Thanks for your help!

Personally I think that by far the best way to print from DSA is to select, copy and paste to notepad.

This allows you to show several screens per page.

Better still, get a massive monitor and paste to notepad windows for on-screen referal / comparison. This is useful ;-)

But that's not useful for reports, really, is it ?

Did you know that you can have a network of DEFINITY switches pointing at the same printer (on one of the switches) using IP and SYS_PRNT ? This is useful.
Check out cha ip-ser and add SYS_PRNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back