Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

system policies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masterpjz9

Technical User
Nov 12, 2001
US
I have 2 users on a stand-alone Windows 2000 Pro computer. They are both administrators. I would like to set system policies for 1 of the users but no the other. Is this possible?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that will only work when using a server. You can use a Group Policy Object on a Domain, or an Organizational Unit in Active Directory. You can place the two users in separate OU's and place a different GPO on the two.

But on a standalone 2000pro machine, you can only use the policy for the whole computer I think.

I am looking for similar solution.... On local computer allowing most admin rights but restricting especially abilities to change i.e. other users/admin passwords
Any ideas/tips on doing this without Group Policies??

You can exempt administrators form policies on stand alone computers but you cannot select only certain admins to exclude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back