Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System notification When trying to clock POS notifies that "system will only run in redundancy 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

kn18

Technical User
Aug 22, 2016
US
Hi,

can anyone help me out on this issue, temrinal getting the error " System notification When trying to clock POS notifies that "system will only run in redundancy for 5 more days. Please reconnect fileserver.

Any thing , anyone can suggest what to look over on this. will be great help . thanks

you need to have someone look at your system. This is your 5th plus posting with issues. It appears from all your posts, your system is not setup correctly and needs to be resolved.
Your current issue is network related if you are able to see your aloha reports for each day still in BOH. Lana numbers and IP range are the issue for current problem.

This would also explain your slow refresh issue previously asked in prior post.

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.

Hi,

i checked with lana and ip range.... lana 0 available with defined network realtek XXXXX is dere on boh and all tills

Kn18, at this point it's beyond just a network error. It sounds like you've been running in redundancy for quite awhile. Bringing the terminals back up without properly handling the spooled cc's and saved data has the potential of costing you the sales and credit card transactions of the past several days. You need to get a hold of someone to get your system back on track.
Personally I'm happy to help you fix minor issues but I don't want to be responsible for costing you a significant amount of money and data. I'd imagine that others feel the same.

How many .spl files do you have in your %iberdir%/edc folder on the master terminal?
How many dated subs do you have in the %iberdir% folder on the master terminal? (folders that look like 20190928, 20190929, etc.)

Clay

I will assume all his dated folders are there and credit cards are working correctly. Otherwise, they would have posted about then missing awhile ago. The issue is with his IP schema. I suspect on Oct 4 we will be asked what to do since fileserver recovery does not work and they still get the message about system in redundancy even though it is not really in the red.

Kn18 you need to have someone look at your system before you run out time. When Aloha says you have 5 days left, that means on the 6th day you will not be able to ring in any more sales.

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.

Hi,

Yeah the issue is with something messed with downtime.ini file now its correct and working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back