Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System Menu internal names

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zog1

Programmer
Feb 3, 2001
US
The application I am working on exposes the Report Designer to the user to allow modification of the report. The problem is that the system menu contains items in the View popup that we want the user to have and items that we cannot allow the user to have. For instance, we want the user have the <Grid Lines> control, but cannot allow them to have the <Data Environment...> control.

I know how to add pads and popups to the system menu bar, but only if I know the internal(infernal) names of the items I want to add to the popup. When I use SYS(2013) to get the list I find that there is nothing there for <Grid Lines>, among others.

Any tips would be appreciated. Thanx!
--Zog

So I've given up on the idea of eliminating the problem menu bars from the menu pad popups and will control the user's preferences to get most of what I want. Too bad I can't find a way to give them the Show Grid and Show Position, but that's in the View pad, which is a definite no-no for me. I'll just turn them on and that's that.

Thanks anyway everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back