Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System low on resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebook

MIS
Jun 13, 2001
CA
I have a P4 2GHz Laptop running W2K with SP3 and when I am in Outlook 98 trying to attach an Excell 97 or Word 97 file it occasionally gives me an error " System is low on resources or Virtual memory".

I have nothing else open and all resources look fine. The weird thing is if I move or copy that file to another folder it usually works. This is the second time thjat I have seen it.

Please help....thanks

remove the email account in outlook and read it this normally does the trick or you could try reducing the virtual memory rebooting and then increasing the memory again to a bit more than prior what this will do is that if the file that is stopping outlooks acceptance of the attachment is corrupted then the tweeking of the virtual memory will normally solve this
good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back