Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System Lockups

Status
Not open for further replies.

supergino

Technical User
Apr 16, 2005
CA
Hey guys, Im having a problem with a server that locks up. The entire OS freezes and a reboot resolves the problem. When it locks up, I see color bloches on the screen and I cant move the move. Its just FUBAR. Anyone seen this before or have any suggestions? Going to re-install the video driver but I cant find anything about this problem. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

SG

supergino,
after reboot & you can get into the system what's in the event, system & security log?
regards,
longhair

There is no information in the event logs at all. Checked that but found nothing which I found odd. Did a virus scan also and defragged the system incase of an unhealthy disk.
Also lots of free disk space.

SG

I know this is very basic, but have you checked all of your connections (mouse, keyboard, etc). You may want to unplug and replug them all in while you are at it. I've had some really weird things happen when a connection gets loose.

Yeah I've checked all that also. Its so intermittent though. It does have on board video though...maybe putting in another video card in and disabling the other might help.
Kinda grasping for straws.

Thanks

SG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back