Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System Hold after two rings on IPOffice 500

Status
Not open for further replies.

sroggero

Technical User
Sep 2, 2007
CA
Hi Guys,

Is it possible to place a call automaticaly on hold after two or three rings (NO AAT INSTALLED). We tried the auto park feature, it was no longer ringing for the caller but all the company's phone was ringing.

This is pretty basic but cannot figure out how to set it.

Thanks,

On which telephone would you want the call holding? Sounds risky to me - what if that user stepped away for lunch? There are a couple of ways that you could likely accomplish essentially the same thing - depending on what control and release you're using. Have you spoken with your Avaya Business Partner about the application? They're generally much better equipped to implement a change such as this.

Why would you do that, it is not a basic feature and sounds stupid to me.
You cannot do that, send the call to a group without users in it and enable queuing on the group. Then with the feature group pickup or with a group button you can retrieve the calls in queue.

A simple mind delivers great solutions

I didn't think park and page was available yet except in the B5800 Branch Edition. What IP Office software is your system running?

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

We're running a IPO 500 v2 R8.1

Basicaly, customer has 5 phones and a paging system, they want to hear 2 rings only and when they are free they will pickup the call from any available phones.

It's a daft thing to do, but have them in a collective group that overflows to a second group after 10 secs, the 2nd group should have no members, queuing on and VM off. Give thaem all a "group" button for the second group, it will ring twice and then flash the button, they press the button to answer...easy :)

"No problem monkey socks

P.s Make the no answer time on the first group 10 secs also, Avaya had a bug where it followed this and not the overflow timer and they love bringing the same old bugs back....just for fun :)

"No problem monkey socks

We got it to work.... Use the forward no answer (2 rings) to a group, removed all members from this group and play MoH on the overflow.... on each phone a pickup button has been created for that group so it can be picked up from any phone... that was so simple :-|

So you did pretty much exactly what I said then!!! But use a "group" button instead if you used pickup it does the same but also lights up :)

"No problem monkey socks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back