Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

system file outdated

Status
Not open for further replies.

lalee5

Technical User
Oct 20, 2002
US
Hi, I need help to see if there is way around this problem or have anyone come across this before.

I developed a program on my computer, running windows XP.

I created a package usind the deployemnt wizard. When I try to install in on the user's computer without VB it gives me and error stating:

Some system files are outdated. Do you want setup to updated it for you. if I click ok it uninstall the program and shuts the computer down ( I assume this would updated the system file but it didn't since when the system boot back and I re-install the program it gives me the same error.

if I click cancel it uninstall the program and takes me out of setup.

the client is running windows 2000 advance server.

If anyone have a solution for this please help me.

Right now the only way around this problem is installing VB on the client server and create the setup files on the client server.

please help!!!

thanks in advance

Kay

See thread222-445231.

Thanks and Good Luck!

zemp

Did you ever get an answer to this? I am having the same problem and the other thread is of no help. I have found that .Net being installed on a computer will allow it to work.

Make sure the latest Win2K Service Pack is installed on the target machine.

tbuch

I, too, have had this problem. The solution has been to make sure my development machine is no more 'Windows Update' current than the target. Installation seldom has a problem with accepting newer versions of system files, but seems to hate finding older versions on the target.

I end up using visual studio installer. it works great. you can down load from microsoft site. just type visual studio installer in the search box and search. you will find the link for download

Kay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back