Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System Error &H800040005 (-2147467259)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrenCurtis

Technical User
Dec 9, 2003
EU
Hi - I have inherited 7 spreadsheets which use VB to access a database via ODBC. All 7 spreadsheets are coded the same, the only difference is the region they show (e.g. Wales, Scotland , SE etc). They all access the same database, which isn't an Access database, I'm not too sure what type it is, but I think it was written in-house.

Two of the spreadsheets bring up the error listed on the subject line above every time the macro is run.

Can anyone suggest any possible fixes? I don't think it can be the PCs, as everyone has errors with the same 2, and the other 5 always work.

Thanks

When in the macro does it throw the error?

HarleyQuinn
---------------------------------
The most overlooked advantage to owning a computer is that if they foul up there's no law against wacking them around a little. - Joe Martin

Get the most out of Tek-Tips, read FAQ222-2244 before posting.

Got this out of Google:
Problem: "Run-time error 50003" or "System error &H800040005". Cause: Computer has an outdated comctl32.ocx file.

Money can't buy happiness -- but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a Corvette than in a Yugo.

Hi - I looked into the errors listed on google, but I eliminated them as of the seven identical spreadsheets, 5 work and 2 don't. The only difference between them is the region that they bring back.

The error comes up immeidately when I press the macro button (no delay)

Did you also research which issues were addressed by the updated comctl32.ocx?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back