Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System Down-IPS2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilekele

Technical User
Jul 14, 2011
AU

Hi everyone,

I just did a system reset but the PABX has not rebooted. Is there anything else I can do before calling in the contractor? It is a IPS2000.
For the past 2 days I was unable to connect to the PABX and thought a system reset would do the trick, but it is all systems down now.

Thanks,

g!le.

I'm assuming you have checked there is power to the system. If so, power down and pull all cards except the CPU then power up again. If the CPU comes up, push the cards back in one at a time and see if any bring the system down on reinsertion.

Also verify your IP environment if the system is on some sort of IP network. You may have had problem connecting to the system for the last 2 days because you might have had a duplicate IP address on your network. And maybe that still exists, preventing your PBX from communicating to the IP phones. Of course this would only apply if you use IP phones and you wanted to connect to it via IP, not serial...

Tried it but still the same. The power supply indicators are ON so power seems to be ok. All cards in the MP slot indicators are ON including the CP24 and the 30DTC but the rest of the cards indicators are OFF.
The readout phone just shows initialize.. no dial tone on any of the phones all dead.

Thanks OzzieGeorge.

g!le

We do not have IP phones only analogue and digital NEC DTRs phones.

Thanks.

g!le.

I would be calling a tech then as it could be a power supply. Can you connect to the CPU? if not (assuming this is more than 1 PIM, try the CPU in the second PIM and see if you can connect to it there. If you can try swapping the PSU from the last PIM into the first PIM and see if the system comes up like that.

LED's on the power supply do not indicate proper voltages. If you have a volt meter and some knowledge, then push the meter probes into the back of the power connector on the back plane of the PIM. You should get +5VDC and +24VDC. My guess is that you are getting less than the +5VDC. I have seen that voltage read +3.5 and still show proper LED's.

The techs did come up and had a look at it. They even swapped the psu as suggested by OzzieGeorge. But still the same. They suspected the CP-24-D MP card is faulty. We just ordered one and are waiting for delivery. Thanks everyone.

g!le.

Buggah!

If the CPU has gone, that's fairly major. Will the new one come with the licenses you previously had?

If that is the case then I'd default it. You have nothing to lose but the database and it may just turn out to be a corrupted database. You cannot use the software and licensing from the old CPU. For that reason most venders did not stock CPU's. The system has been discontinued and parts from NEC are no longer available. Ask lots of questions of your vender with regard to where the CPU is coming from and what licensing is loaded.

I have a CP24-D with full software if you want it for $100.

Did they try the CPU on a different backplane? unplug all the cards in the last Pim and try putting the CPU in that PIM (same slot as you would in the first Pim) to see if it comes up. This will rule out a backplane fault being the cause.

Most probably the CPU is coming from Australia as that is where cards and stuff are ordered from I hear.
You are correct belevedere, looking online I am unable to find CP-24-D but have located CP-24-A. What is the difference between them. Does it matter if we purchase and use the latter?

Thanks,

g!le.

I will try that OzzieGeorge and let you know the outcome. Thanks for the offer neax, will see what happens and move on from there. Our configs and settings are simillar to Australians.

g!le

The CP-24-A will work. It has a slightly slower processor and a little less memory, but nothing you would notice.

Plugged the cpu in the last plane but no luck, looks dead OzzieGeorge. We will have to wait for the replacement then.

Thanks everyone,

g!le

At least you know that you have done all you can. Hope you have a recent backup.

I'd still try defaulting it. You have nothing to lose. I have seen corrupted databases crash the system.

I have even recovered RDA functionality with a B load, so why not try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back