Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System doesn't see the fireware device[b]bold[/b]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voga

Technical User
Apr 30, 2003
US
Hello everybody.

I have purchased recently Samsung video camcorder and tried to transfer date from it to computer using firewire connection. I have installed all necessary software/drivers from including CD but program doesn’t see the device. I went to the Device Manager and found no such controller as a firewire is listed, however I do have a card with two ports on the back and one up front of my PC. Does anybody know how to make my PC to see this controller?
Thank you very much.
Voga.

Are you sure these are firewire ports and not USB? if they are fire wire ports and not being recoginised in your devices list , it may be that they are not enabled in your bios setup.

Get into your bios set up and make sure Firewire support is enabled.

Jayjaykay

2 jayjaykay

Thanks for your letter. Yes, I am positive it is not USB. There is one USB port also on camera to transfer images, but for high-speed 2-way digital data transferring, they offer to use firewire for IEEE 1394 port. Other wise what would be a point to have digital camcorder. Anyway, how to get into my bios set up and make sure Firewire support is enabled? Aren't those ports plug-n-play?
Thank you.
Voga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back