Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System date keeps changeing

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbirt

MIS
Feb 7, 2002
US
Every 30 days or so my NT4 server's system date will change to the privous date. The server is being used as my Exchange 5.5 server and all security patches are up to date and SP6a is installed.

Are you rebooting your server when this happens?

Check your CMOS battery, as it may be dead (and thus the clock will reset back to the default).

Also, you can install something like W32time or the Atomic Clock to auto-sync your systems clock with an atomic time server. [auto] MCSE NT4/W2K

I'm not rebooting the system when this happens, and I don't believe that the cmos battery is dead, because just the date changes and not the time. This happened yesterday 9/15/02 at about 1PM. I have atomic clock installed on the system, but from time to time it can't reach the time server. The strange thing is that the date changed on September, 17, 2002 also, and it is just the date and not the time. I have check the time zone settings and they are correct. Thanks for the help in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back