Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System Crashes / Lock-Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

thuree

Programmer
Aug 26, 2000
GB
My system keeps locking. I have to press the reset button or do the CTRL + ALT + DEL to reboot. This happens a lot when i am online, and after ive been online.

Sometimes it Outlook Express 5 that crashes it, sometimes it Internet Explorer 5, sometimes its icq, sometimes its Dreamwaver and sometimes Fireworks. It does it when starting or just using any program.

God knows what it is, but i formatted because i got soo fed up with it, and now its back to haunt me again.

Any suggestions on a fix for this problems are much appreciated.

Try to checkup if you have adequate cooling inside the PC.
Over temperatures definitely cause erratic behavior of the PC. No matter how many times u reinstall. Just try changing the PC Casing.

yeh, it didnt use to do it though you see. Thats what gets me. It all started when i installed ICQ 2000a. Perhaps its stuck some files in that are conflicting with windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back