Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System Configuration; only 1 Switch Node Clock(TN572) on each carrier? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BENANDSERA

Technical User
Apr 21, 2016
US
Hello Everyone,

I'm still kind of new at this but wouldn't you want to have two switch node clocks on each carrier as a backup? What would be the logic of only have one per carrier?

list configuration carrier 01e

SYSTEM CONFIGURATION

Board Assigned Ports
Number Board Type Code Vintage u=unassigned t=tti p=psa

01E02 SWITCH NODE INTF TN573B 000003
01E03 SWITCH NODE INTF TN573B 000003
01E04 SWITCH NODE INTF TN573B 000003
01E05 SWITCH NODE INTF TN573B 000004
01E06 SWITCH NODE INTF TN573B 000006
01E10 SWITCH NODE CLOCK TN572 000010
01E17 SWITCH NODE INTF TN573B 000004
01E18 SWITCH NODE INTF TN573B 000003
01E19 SWITCH NODE INTF TN573B 000003
01E20 SWITCH NODE INTF TN573B 000006

Poor you. It's old stuff! You've got to be one of the only people who is new to it - very few people need to know this stuff anymore. It was too old for me to pickup when I got in the game.

Anyhow, it would appear that you can have two switch node clocks - whether that's automagic when you pop the board in, or have to administer it, I don't know.

Nonetheless, page 95 of this doc seems to say that.

If I remember correctly, when running redundant SNIs you only have one clock in each carrier since the carriers are redundant to each other.

What is your hardware platform? What is your Definity/CM software version?

Is carrier 1D the "B" PNC?

2 tn572 (slot 10 and slot 12) in each switch node carrier is configurable for single PNC as well as duplicated PNC
High Reliability vs. Critical Reliability

Post output from these commands:
status pnc
status sw 1
status sw 2
status sw 3
list fiber

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

40 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 30 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

I appreciate everyone's input on this so far, thanks Kyle and Tolson

Hi bsh

G3 Version 14 Platform 6 S8700 CM

I did find that information in the documentation concerning High Reliability vs Critical Reliability.

I attached a file with the information you requested. For some reason I couldn't upload my pictures, blame my government computer.

Thanks for your input

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=0691dc7f-8bd2-4b79-bd36-0acdb85eb5f3&file=DOC.PDF
You have duplicated PNC with one switch node.
Several errors on the PNC "A" which is 1E carrier fibers to A carrier Expansion Interfaces

You could add 1e12 and 1d12 tn572 and you would have critical reliability PNC configuration. However, it's a choice.
Your current configuration is working and the alarms on standby PNC "A" will allow you to work on them without
service interruption to the PNC "B" which is controlling everything in it's active state.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

40 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 30 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back