Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System Clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopkinss

Technical User
Mar 27, 2002
US
I previously posted about inaccurate time display on the phone sets. I have used the feature code commands to change the time yet it stays at the time I program in - it does NOT advance as time goes by. My question is, could it be failure of the battery on the board. And if it is battery failure, can the battery be removed and replaced while the system is powered on or does the system need to be powered down.

I appologize but I don't know too much about these systems - I have inherited this through downsizing and lack of anyone else in the office willing to take it on. Unfortunately the previous person who handled it let the service contract run out, the price to have this reinstated is prohibitively high as is the cost for the technical support by phone.

Any assistance is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

Firstly, there is no battery on the CPU board. If you mean the small silver object that looks like a battery, thats your Security Dongle which is used to match the system with the keycode. If you remove this the switch will not validate the security and will not work.
It sounds like you have an Option 11, I would suggest calling your vendor, because if you set the time and it is not incrementing then you possibly have a CPU problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back