Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System Clock not updateing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friedy

Programmer
Sep 13, 2001
US
My Gateway ME machine does not update the system clock at boot up? Does anyone know why this is happening.

Friedy

What do you mean? Does the clock show the correct time in CMOS setup but not in Windows?

Matt J.

P.S. Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

NO it does not. If I change the clock in the bios along with the date, when I reboot I get prompt with F1 or F2. F1 meaning to reboot to default clock settings (1988) and F2 to boot to bios to change the clock and date again. If I change the clock in windows it works until I reboot.

Try removing the CMOS battery on your motherboard for 15 minutes, then try again. If it happens again, replace the battery. You can usually find them at Radio Shack, but you might have to call Gateway to order it.

Matt J.

P.S. Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back