Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System Center not alerting viruses and threats found

Status
Not open for further replies.

mquinn0908

Technical User
Jul 3, 2002
US
I have a new install of a system center server (version 10.1.5) and I can see each client that I have installed the antivirus to and I can see the dates and times of the scans and virus definitions but I am not seeing any icons on the clients themselves that lets me know when a virus or other threat is found. I can right click on the client and look through the log files and I have two clients that there are risks in their logs but it is not showing it in the main screen of the system center. Right now I have to go through each an every log file of every computer so see if it has any problems and this is becomming very time consuming. I have another server setup for a different site and it works just fine and have compared the settings between the two and haven't come up with anything. Any ideas??

Mandy
MCP/A+/Network+

Go to Tools/Symantec System Center options and make sure you have the virus alert filter set up the way you want it. I think by default it won't show alerts older than 3 days. You may also want to check the box that says display infected state although it may cause performance issues on larger networks.

That was it. It was set to 3 days and I don't get to check the server that often (usually every 5 days) so I incresed the number and now it is showing alerts. No though I am alerted to a problem on the computers and I can go to the threat history on the log files but it doesn't give me the option to delete the problem from the console. Thank you.

Mandy
MCP/A+/Network+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back