Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System Capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.

KalboKowboy

IS-IT--Management
May 24, 2007
US
Hello All,

My telephone system vendor tells me that my system cannot take anymore cards like the PN-8DLCP so that I can add more lines. They tell me I need to add another chassis/cabinet in order to add more lines eventhough I have open slots in the chassis.

Below is the chassis layout of my system. Are they telling the truth? If so, how is that determined? If so, can I swap out two of the PN-8LCAA cards for two PN-8DLCP cards?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Chassis layout -

PIM0

LT00 - EMPTY
LT01 - PN-32IPLA-A & PZ-M632
LT02 - EMPTY
LT03 - EMPTY
LT04 - PN-8LCAA
LT05 - PN-8LCAA
LT06 - PN-8DLCP
LT07 - PN-8DLCP
LT08 - EMPTY
LT09 - PN-24PRTA
LT10 - EMPTY
LT11 - EMPTY
MP12 - PN-CP24-B & PZ-M606-A

PIM1

LT00 - PN-8DLCP
LT01 - PN-8DLCP
LT02 - PN-8DLCP
LT03 - PN-8DLCP
LT04 - PN-8COTS
LT05 - PN-8LCAA
LT06 - PN-8DLCP
LT07 - PN-8DLCP
LT08 - EMPTY
LT09 - EMPTY
LT10 - EMPTY
LT11 - PN-AP00-B
MP12 - EMPTY

PIM3

LT00 - PN-8DLCP
LT01 - PN-8DLCP
LT02 - PN-8DLCP
LT03 - PN-8DLCP
LT04 - PN-4COTB
LT05 - PN-8LCAA
LT06 - PN-8DLCP
LT07 - PN-8DLCP
LT08 - EMPTY
LT09 - EMPTY
LT10 - EMPTY
LT11 - EMPTY
MP12 - CP15

Your vendor is correct the cabinets are full for adding line/trunks. In the first cabinet the 32 IPLA eats the first four slots. You are limited to 64 ports per cabinet, so in pims 1 & 2 you have 8 8port cards using 64 ports. The extra cards slots can be used for AP cards, T1, PRi and a couple of other things including 4 ports cards.

If you place a 4 port card in the first slot the paired slot can also use a 4 port card so that you can still have 64 ports in a cabinet. This was done to allow a customer to reuse some of there older 4 port cards when they upgraded to an IVS2 or now to an IPS. If you place an 8 port card in the first slot then the paired slot can not be used for lines or trunks.

LT 04 and LT 08 are paired
LT 05 and LT 09 are paired
LT 06 and LT 10 are paired
LT 07 and LT 11 are paired

You can swap out an 8lcaa for a DLCP the old Analog ports would have to be deleted and then you would have to assign the Dterms to those ports.

Smoon is correct, the only available slot is LT08 PIM 3 you can have a 4port card there since in LT04 you have a 4Port.

Mextera

Ok, today I finally ordered 2 DLCP cards to replace 2 of the 8LCAA cards.

Ok, any advice on the procedures to remove the 8LCAA cards and to install the 2 DLCP cards?

I don't know how to remove the old analog extensions and to add the new digital extensions.

All my extensions are either 80?? or 81??, with each phone having a virtual 2nd phone line 40?? or 41??.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Mind my french: Call and Nec tech.

If you don't, good luck. I will try to help you a little with your luck. But you need it.

Programming a station:
1. command 10 - digital stations are FNNN i.e. F80
2. Command 11 - virtual stations are NNN i.e. 40
3. Command 9000>80,01 for programming the buttons. 01 is for first button.
4. Command 93 for direct line pickup 93>80:80
5. Command E603 to call forward busy no answer to voicemial.
6. See also command E601 and E602 for call forward just busy or just no answer. Button 80 should forward on busy to 40 and on no answer to voicemial pilot.
7. Command 1204 for tenant.

I think I got it all.

Sorry, I will avoid calling the NEC techs if I can. They are overpriced and don't always fix the problems. I've fixed problems that the NEC techs didn't.

Anyways,

You only covered the programming of the phones. And that was kind of vague.
But, I definitely understand and have used commands E601, E602, and E603.

But, I also need to know about removing the 2 analog 8LCAA cards.

- Do I need to delete the extensions on the analog cards first?
- Are these cards hot swappable? Or do I need to power off the NEC system completely first?
- Once I install the new digital 8DLCP cards will the system automatically recognize them?

Thanks,
John

First you need to delete any of the extensions from any groups they may be in (CMDs 16, 17 & 18). This will involve fixing up the holes these leave as well or the remaining group will not work. You can then just delete them out in cmd 10 by "CCC"ing them.

Other commands which may need attention when you put the new ones in are 1201, 1202, 1212, 1213, 1303,73, 77, 76XX, 9001 & 94

Forgot to say yes the cards are hot swapable and the system isn't bothered about what type they are. The system will let you programm a digital circuit as if it were an analogue and vise versa. They just wont work if you do it wrong.

You may even get away with just swapping the cards and in CMD 10 simply write the "F"number over the existing number without deleting it first You may then find you only need to do the 9000, 9001, 93 & 94 commands. But it is advisable to clean out the old and put in the new to avoid the risk of corruption.

Whatever you do back the system up to disk first so you have a safety net.

The system will not read the cards. They must be programmed as noted by Ozziegeorge.

Other commands to look at: 56NN for paging
command 73 or is it 74 for speed dials.
the list goes on...

NEC techs are not anymore priced than other companies.

You can then just delete them out in cmd 10 by "CCC"ing them."

What exactly does that mean?

Thanks,
John

The command structure is such that the way you change data in the system is to overwrite what is already there. So in order to have a way of returning an entry to it's default data NEC made it such that if you enter CCC as the data for any setting, the system knows you want to reset it to default data. There is one exception where you have to enter about six Cs but we won't bother with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back