Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Currando

ISP
Feb 13, 2001
ES
Hi group;

I'm never work with HP-UX but I need to make a backup of tree HP-UX 11.0 and I don't know what tool of system is the best choice for this:

cpio: I use this for backup in Solaris

make-recovery: I don't know how work this HP-UX command but if this command is the best option I can study how work.

Thanks in advance.

It's all in the Man pages but it ONLY will do it to tape. I use make_recovery -Av in single user mode when I want to do backups

IMHO make-recovery is a better tool than cpio if you actually want to recover a full system, not just a few files. Ian

"IF" is not a word it's a way of life

make_recovery is part of ignite. You have to install ignite first.

Patel

Also, Ignite will only image vg00 unless you change the default configuration.

Paul

SAM has a fairly decent backup function for non-vg00 volume groups. It's slow, but it works.

Hi

you've not said you want to backup on a regular basis and if so how much data you are backing up, what type of data you have i.e databases, as this will involve making a decision regarding hot or cold backups, and what medium and type of device you want to backup to.

Clare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back