Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

system and personal speed dials

Status
Not open for further replies.

hypnotic101

Technical User
Mar 21, 2003
CA
Ok bear with me on this and I'm sure this is all over the place but just want some input from the guru's out there. I'm relatively new to the IP office 500 version 7. I'm a past option 11c 51 80c tech. So with the old nortel PBX there was no problem giving personal or a system speed dial of pretty much any size to whomever wanted them and also gave them the option to self administor the list. I have a customer running ip office 500 v7 and they have a bunch of 3645 wifi phones which have a limit to 20 personal speed dials. Is there a way to expand this to around 100 or is there a way to make up personal speed dials within ip manager for each user. The don't use any desktop software or softphone. I also have that same customer that uses 9508's and i'm just wondering if there is a way to have a system speed dial of 500 numbers. Right now it seems to be limited to 100.

thanks and hope that made some sense.
hyp

There is no way of increasesing the amount of personal speed dials/contacts on the phone. The system speed dial list (which is the Directory in Manager) can do up to 2500 entries.

The IP Office uses the "Directory" mainly, it's only since Nortel integration it started with Speed Dials and only in R8 can Avaya phones use those speed dials.

Anyway the Directory is limited to 2500 entries not 500, the system speed dials is 1000 not 500 (for Nortel handsets/R8+)

Each user can also have their own personal directory (up to 100 each but within the 2500 system total).
When using ETR, M-Series, T-Series, T3, 1400, 1600, 9500 or 9600 Series phones, the user is able to view and call their personal directory numbers.
When using a 1400, 1600, 9500 or 9600 Series phone, the user is also able to edit and add personal directory entries. :)

Untitled-1.png

Thanks for all the great info and filling the blanks in for me. Greatly appreciated.
hyp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back