Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2002
US
We have installed SC 5.1 and are completing our testing. When we move into the production, we are wondering if we ned a full-time SC system administrator. I would like to know what other SC users have done for admin. Any info will be appreciated.

I'm not sure if this is a dead question at this time but I would recommend "yes". At least start off with one and if the work load isn't there, make it part time. ServiceCenter is a product that requires maintenance, up keep, troubleshooting, and customizations to keep it going. Our firm has about 6,000 users, 250 techs, and produces about 11,000 tickets a month. Out system is very customized due to our ticket processes and we find quirks once in a while. My daily job included deleting contacts records, operator updates if they change locations, report creation, location and contact updates that are limited to the admin. Every month I try to add something new to ServiceCenter like integration with SMS or available information about the customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back