Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

system administrator issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

onthehunt

Technical User
Feb 10, 2004
US
i did pc recovery on windows XP i am trying to load my bookmarks from a saved cd.. it keeps saying i cant do that with system administrator permission?

seems like i had this issue a few years ago.. but cant remember how resolve this issue.

PLEASE give me a simple answer. i know alittle.. but not real tecnical.

thanks anybody,

onthehunt

Your post is a little unclear. Are you trying to copy the 'favorites' folder from backup on CD into current profile? Or is it Firefox or Opera bookmarks? And what does 'it keeps saying i cant do that with system administrator permission?' mean?

If you say exactly what you are trying to do/copy and the error message you receive, we might be able to help.

Try copying the Bookmarks file from the CD to the Desktop, then importing Bookmarks from that file.

Tony

hello

i tryed saving from cd to desktop. when i try to import...it says not valid bookmark file?

how do i make myself administrator.. i recall there is a simple solution to that part

If your account doesn't have administrative privileges, you need to log on with one that has - and then change yours from the User Accounts control panel feature.

But 'not valid bookmark file' sounds like a different problem. As you still haven't explained what your bookmarks are from, I can't help with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back