Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System acts weird! slow overral and fast when playing a video

Status
Not open for further replies.

zomby

Technical User
Oct 30, 2003
CA
This is strange, ever since I install a Nexus 301 fan and light controller my system has gone slower, when I point my mouse to the start menu it skips 5 at a time cause it can load the color on time, if I then play a video which eats more cpu power and then browse the start menu its fast colors appears every 0 second. Weird....I though my system was eating too much power cause I only have a Enermax 365P-VE which I thinks its a 350W. But when I unplug everything and keep it like it was my system was still acting the same way, so something musta cost my windows somehow to do this. I dont need a format has I already done so 4 days ago.

Heres my system specs....do you think my power supply can handle all this:

Pentium 4 2.53Ghz
1x Geil DDR 433Mhz 512 MB
nvidia Geforce 4 TI4600 128MB
2x 60GB Hard Drives
2x CD Drives (DVD and 52x CD-RW)
Creative Audigy sound blaster
Enermax 365P-VE power supply
2x 120 enermax case fans
2x vanted UV led fans
1x thermaltake cpu fan with light leds
Nexus 301 fan and light controller with 2x neon light beam.

I found out that when ever my system loads windows my CPU is running at 100% and does not drop.....once I press control alt delete to get the task manager, I see the cpu runnin at 100% and it then drops to 0%....after thats done my system is good to go. But then if I reboot windows, the system acts the same way I have to open the task manager to bring my system back to normal.....any ideas whats causing this?

Anyoned having this problem, please post if the solution is found...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back