Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System 75 Customer Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabracy

IS-IT--Management
Jan 14, 2002
US
I am trying to add a thrid party voice mail to an old System 75. I have found references to "code mode" and that I need to change customer options. The best I can tell, is that I need the init password.

I have the inads password by defaultign the system, but the default init password that appears many places on the internet doesn't work. Any one know how to get past this.

Chris.

Chris, what you need to know/change is used for "mode code" integration. This type of integration is used when a processor to processor integration is not possible/available.
Specifically what you need are the feature access codes to turn on and off the message waiting lights. The commands: "display feature" or "change feature" will show you what these codes are and allow you to change them if necessary. The inads level is more than sufficient to change these codes.
*Note* the feature access codes you use must be within the parameters defined in your dial plan. Use command "display dialplan" "change dialplan". Look for entry/entries that say "fac".

I can turn on and off the mesage waiting lights. The cust login can make those changes.

I need the system 75 to tone the extension that the call is for to the voice mail system. I thought that was what mode code is. Am I wrong? I was told that there is a yes/no question in change customer options, which I do not see from inads.

Chris.

You can "display system-parameters Cust" to look for that option, but I am not aware of such an option. But you will need the init login to make any chages on this page.
But my understanding of mode code is a method of integration. This method is used when Legend/Magix sytems are used with Intuity's, and many times when an Octel sytem is used with older release Definity systems.
Hope this helps somehow, I am sure you know that Avaya no longer supports the System 75.

Hi Chris,

I have the solution to your problem, but is too lengthly to post on this forum.

Please contact me at 314-965-0200, ext 11. I have 14 years of experience with Sys75 through Definity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back