Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sysprep install steals the whole disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmovie

Technical User
Oct 2, 2002
GB
Hi all,
I create a sysprep image and sysprep.inf file from a server which as a 10Gb partition.
When I then deploy this sysprep image using ADS it ends up stealing the whole of the disk it was placed on...i.e. 256Gb etc.
I have had a look at imgdeploy.exe and there are no params to prevent this.
I have had a look at the sysprep.ini [DATA].AutoPartition entry but this doesnt sound like it will do what i want either.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks
Rich

think i might have it sorted

Do you have a line in your sysprep.inf file under the [Unattended] section like this ?
ExtendOEMPartician = 1 --or-- 0

Here is a excert from the ref.chm file that is included with sysprep.
------------------
ExtendOemPartition
Specifies whether to extend the partition on which you install the Windows operating system.

Syntax ExtendOEMPartition = 0 | 1 extra_size_in_MB
Values 0 == Sysprep does not extend the partition.

1= Sysprep extends the partition to fill out the hard disk.

extra_size_in_MB = Sysprep increases the current partition size by this amount. This is useful if you want to configure more than one partition on the hard disk.

Example ExtendOEMPartition = 1 2000
-----------

I use ExtendOemPartician=1 -> since we have several different size drives on our machines and want to be able to use the full drive after we ghost them.
I hope that this helps or answers your question
Mikeee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back