Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sysprep.inf

Status
Not open for further replies.

sh0re

IS-IT--Management
Dec 6, 2002
PT
Hi,
I'm tring to load an image with ghost cast server. Everything works allright til mini-setup. WinXP just cant read sysprep.inf file. Even if i try to load it form a floppy. It keeps me asking for the CD-key, hostname, etc... like sysprep.inf wasn't at "c:\sysprep\sysprep.inf", as it is.

I've created the sysprep.inf with setupmgr.exe. Does sysprep.exe overwrites the previous sysprep.inf when I execute it?

Thanks,

Shore

Did you run sysprep on the image file that you are using before attempting to image this new machine?

Yeap... I did, isn't that needed to reset security Id's, etc..? But wouldn't it overwite the previous sysprep.inf file, made wiht setupmgr.exe?

Yup sysprep resets the Id. The sysprep.inf file is it in the same directory as sysprep.exe ?

If possible post the sysprep.inf file here.

Ash.

I'm afraid it is not :\ I've allready left the job, only monday now. But the sysprep file was at the sysprep directory on both trys (c:\sysprep and a:\sysprep).

I'll post the file monday,
Thanks,

Shore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back