Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sysprep.inf Input locale problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

puppet

IS-IT--Management
Dec 13, 2001
I am creating a Windows 2000 Pro image and am using the following information in my sysprep.inf file for regional settings:

[GuiUnattended]
AdminPassword=********
OEMSkipRegional=1
TimeZone=85
OemSkipWelcome=1

[RegionalSettings]
LanguageGroup=1
SystemLocale=00000809
UserLocale=00000809
InputLocale=0809:00000809

The problem I have though is that after reboot and the automated setup runs I go in and check in control panel in the Regional Options applet and I have a Locale of English(United Kingdom) - good. But then I check in the Input Locales Tab and click to Change I have a defaul Input Language of English(United States) - bad - very bad because this means that Word thinks I am using a US layout Keyboard! I can simply click on English(United Kingdom) and all is OK but I don't want to do this for every PC I image! Also why is English(United States) even there? I don't want it.

Any help very much appreciated.

Mark

I think I can answer the question on why its there.

Its because thats whats being used when you install windows. As you can see if you do a normal install and when you get to the keyboard region options you aren't allowed to remove US as input language even tho you have changed it to UK English.

Now I don't know if its possible to fix your problem. Maybe you can create a Default User profile where you are using UK settings and have that automatically copied during your windows install. Or you do this first thing after the pc is loged onto to windows. If you log on as local admin then every user that logs on should have the right Language, region and keyboard settings.

---
Make the best use of what is in your power, and take the rest as it happens.

Sorry I'm not quite sure I understand the second part of you post. Do you mean that if I log on as local admin and remove the US setting this will apply to all domain users of the PC? That would be acceptable if there is no other solution...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back