Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sysMonitor (trying to connect)

Status
Not open for further replies.

klubar

IS-IT--Management
Dec 18, 2007
US
I'm trying to install IP Office sysmonitor (v6.1 1201) on a new system. It installed fine, but when I try to run it as a user KL (in the administrators group) it never connects (the title bar reports "trying to connect to 192.168.10.31". If I right on the application and select run as... and run it as Administrator (also in the administrators group) it runs fine.

What is the trick to get sysmonitor to run as some user other than administrator.

(I installed using the user KL account...). I've installed sysmonitor on other machines not as administrator without problems, so I clearly missiing something.

thanks

Two more bits of information...

I've confirmed that user KL is in the adminstators group, and the same user has no problem running System Status or Manager. Also, I've temporarily turned off the firewall so that isn't the issue.

Ken

It cannot be a sysmonitor issue.
It is really a user right issue.

What OS do you use?

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

It's running on Windows Server 2003 R2. I have the identical version of sysmonitor software running on a different machine also running Server 2003 R2. (Only difference I can think of is that I've applied on the MS updates on the new machine.)

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the program -- both logged in as administrator and KL.

I agree that it has to be something to do with user rights....

The problem was specific to that user's registry key HCU>Software>Avaya>IP400>Sys Monitor.

I don't know what was damaged with the key, but a deleted (actually just renamed) the Sys Monitor key. When I started Sys Monitor it created a new key and the application works fine.

As far as I could tell it had nothing to do with permissions...

Maybe it had to do with a typo in the device address (it looked right to me).

Hope this is helpful to someone...

Ken

Nice to know this.
Thanks for the update.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back