Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sysback 6000 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tracee

Technical User
Nov 27, 2001
US
Is it possible that RS6000 Sysback does not backup the entire filesystem when you use the process. I have been backing up the system but it seems as though it is not populating the file for the data. What is the proper procedure? I have been backing up /home and rootvg...but /home is not being backed up. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Tracie

Thanks guys,
I have changed the options not to exclude anything, made a backup and checked it through the "LIST BACKUP CONTENTS"
and sure enough /home is there...I really appreciate your help. The system was configured this way since I started here and it explains why sometimes /home was backed up on certain servers but not this one.

Tracee

p.s. I guess all that copied over is the meta data, and there is nothing to recover from that? correct?

Thanks a billion!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back