Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Syntax error or access violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

cestonina

Programmer
May 25, 2003
SG
Hi there,

I am using Crystal Reports Dev 8.5 and the database I am using is MSSQL 2000 with SP3. I have created several stored procedures which I would use in my crystal reports.

Now when I try to access the stored procedures in Crystal Reports, I get an error "Syntax error or access violation". I have validated these stored procedures and they worked fine when I tested them using SQL Query Analyzer.

What was weird though, when I tried it using Crystal Reports 9, I was able to successfully add these stored procedures in the report. Unfortunately, I need to use Crystal Reports 8.5 format in this case as our existing application only supports Crystal Reports 8.x and below.

Any ideas? Maybe some settings I need to change or some patches I need to apply?

Appreciate any help. Thanks.

Regards,
Chris

So is the application giving you this error, or is this the error you get in crystal v8.5 when you try to run the report?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

Hi dgillz,

I get this error in Crystal Report 8.5 when I tried to add the stored procedure in my report.

Like I mentioned earlier, I do not get this error when I am using Crystal Reports 9. Also I have tested the stored procedure in SQL Query Analyzer and it works fine.

Any ideas? Thanks again.

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back