Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Syncing audio in two video clips

Status
Not open for further replies.

kopes

Technical User
Sep 10, 2002
CA
I have two video clips of the same scene (two different angles) and was wondering if there was an easy way to sync the audio so that I can transition between the two. Thanks for any ideas.

When you shoot, do a 'clapboard' intro shot where you can mark the time accurately with a sound cue (the clap of a clapboard - or the clap of your hands in frame).

Thanks for the tip but these are clips that I already have and they are of a wedding and I don't think they would have appreciated if I used a clapboard during the service! ha ha

In premiere, you can see the audio wave on the "audio" track for your video and match it up that way. Certain audio will look the same (might be a smaller wave, due to volume). You have to play it be "ear" ^_^

I can't believe no-one has come up with the easier solution. I have done multiple weddings/events in Adobe Premiere using multiple cameras. I can't remember a wedding that didn't have a photographer with plenty of "flashes" going off all the time. Use one of these flashes to sync with. Lay both video streams on your timeline and get them as close to synced as you can and then use a flash to sync them. Scrub frame by frame in one track till you see the flash go off. I like to place a cut here. Go to your second track and scrub till the flash appears in the same spot. Cut here. Now line up the to tracks on the cuts you made. Slide the rest of the video tracks up against the cuts so there is on gap in the video stream. Your sources are now sync'ed. Now if you play back your time line with both audio sources playing it should match.

I have used this method multiple times and it only takes about 5 minutes tops to sync everything up and I am then editing away.

Hope this works!

PS...I have also gotten lots of information and tips from the adobe forums on their support site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back