Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Synchronizing with Exchange Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

neutec

Technical User
Apr 26, 2003
Hello All,
Im runinng Win2k with Exchange2k. My clients were using Outlook 2002 and I have recently updated a few to use Outlook 2003. The problem Im now having is Outlook 2003 is very slow updating with Exchnage server. Maybe twice a day Outlook tries to sync with the server and this process take about an hour. Once the sync is complete the client run fine again. If I cant fix this soon I will be force to revert back to Outllok 2002. I have removed the check mark to keep an copy of the mail folders on the locale machine and I still have the same problem.

Thanks for your time in advance

Hi , I´ve the same problem.
How you resolve this situation ?
Thanks.

I found by removing the check mark for cached exchange mail file it appears to work fine. I only have the problem with one of my older PCs. I think Outlook 2003 is a resource pig.
IF you do some looking around the internet you will find links talking about this problem. Looks like other have ran into the same problem.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back