Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Synchronize row heights between reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkupfer

Programmer
Dec 18, 2002
US
I have requests for "wide" reports, for example 30 columns that require using two or more pages. I can simulate this by creating one or more subreports resembling the main format, and can even apply different page headers and page numbering through special code to make this combination of reports appear to be only one.

The user wants to place the corresponding pages side by side so that all data for one row can be viewed on a line horizontally. This is fine if each row is only one line of text but some fields on each report "can grow", meaning the report lengths can vary. Is there any way to capture and share row height information among main and subreports, or is there a better way to create a "wide" report? The width limit is landscape on 8 1/2 by 11 paper. Hope this makes sense. Thanks.

A tricky topic, but you might consider adding in the columns to the subreports that might grow, and vice versa, and changing the font to white. This way the page will grow, but nothing prints...

Not a beautiful solution, but it should be easy to implement, as opposed to trying to calculate the number of rows a field has grown...

-k kai@informeddatadecisions.com

Works great! I layered all the fields from other reports on top of each other in one place on the detail line, made the font white and sent them all to the background. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back