Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Synchronize Outlook desktop to laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

moleproductions

Programmer
Oct 23, 2003
GB
Does anynone know of a good way / a good piece of software which can be used to synchronize diary appointments and contacts between a PC and a Laptop connected across a network so that info added to either machine is integrated accross both?

Many thanks

Outlook has a built-in synchronization option that I use all the time. Go to Tools, Options, Mail Services, and check the box, "Enable offline access".

Then, in Tools, Synchronize you can set options for what you want synchronized and when.

Thanks ZBean but we have different versions of Outlook. I'm using Outlook 2000 and I can't seem to find either of the commands above. It may well be hidden away somewhere and I'm not all that familiar with the inner workings of Outlook.

I have found - but not yet tried - SynchPst for Outlook which costs $40 but says it does what I need. I guess I'll try the demo version and see if it's any good. I've downloaded it from
Anyway - thanks!
Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back