Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Synchronize Outlook 2007 with PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

handle789

Technical User
Feb 21, 2007
US
Hi, my Outlook 2007 is set (by someone else) to synchronize the mail on the exchange server with the folders on my laptop running windows XP. But there is a memory shortage issue and I kept on getting the popup "out of memory" message and have to close Outlook. So I would like to stop the synchronization process. Could someone please post the procedure on how to break the sysnchronization for Outlook 2007? I searched google but have not found the procedure. Thank you.

Tools - Settings - Double click your email address in the middle - uncheck "Use Cached Exchanged Mode". Restart Outlook.

I'm Certifiable, not cert-ified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

There are no more PDC's! There are DC's with FSMO roles!

Thank you for your answers, which lead to some other questions.

1) paella33, what does it mean by "set it in Offline mode"? What is the difference and advantage or disadvantage? And how do I set this in Outlook 2007?

2) Davetoo, this is Outlook 2007 (not other versions). Is this the correct procedure? I clicked Tools, Accounts Settings, DataFiles, double clicked my Mailbox outlook.ost in C:\Documents and Settings\... on the C: drive, clicked Advanced, unchecked the Square Box Used Cached Exchange Mode, clicked Apply, OK, and restarted Outlook.

No, you need to follow what I wrote exactly. You added an extra step.

I'm Certifiable, not cert-ified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

There are no more PDC's! There are DC's with FSMO roles!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back