Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Synchronization software for Treo 650 & Groupwise

Status
Not open for further replies.

millerk51

Technical User
Oct 17, 2005
US
The county currently uses Intellisnyc software to communicate between the Treo 650 and Groupwise. I am having problems since I went from a Treo 600 to the 650. I would like to know what other software is being used to sync Groupwise to a Treo 650.
millerk51

Hi,

IntelliSync is one of those programs that garners a love/hate relationship. You love what it does but hate the way it does it. It can be a real pain to get working right.

There are other commercial solutions out there, but one other route is to try the FREE GroupWise PDA Connect software. It is included in GroupWise 7 and can be downloaded for GroupWise 6.5 from the Novell Products Download page.

gwexpertslogo.jpg

Gioffre Consulting
Check out our Novell Training Cruises

I have used GWAnywhere. The current version is good and reliable, previous versions have stunk to varying degrees. It is a bit on the expensive side as well.

Your business need should drive your choice. If you need realtime push syncs over the wireless then GWAnywhere or some other products are useful. If you just have users that need to sync email when they return to their desks, the PDA connect software is ideal.

I am considering a treo 650 but want to know what software is needed to synchronize my our computers which use groupwise 6 with the treo for calendaring, etc. can someone point me some place for help.
thnks

PDA Connect from Novell is awesome but I think it will only work with 6.5 sp3 client and later. We use it at my office for 20 partners and they have no problem with it.

We are using GW 6.5 and the directer of our department comes in through webaccess using her Treo 650. The webaccess piece automatically detects its a hand held and gives her an interface ment for a hand held.

Have to be logged on to use it, but it is an easy way to check email.

Daniel

There's a product called NotifyLink. It will work w/ Treo, Blackberry, and IPac to name just a few. Installs easily enough and will work w/ GroupWise and Exchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back