Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Synch >Trans>Selected Change SCH0360

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdiross

Technical User
Oct 23, 2006
US
All I want to do is add message button to button 16 on M3903. When I run the change, I get the SCH error and the switch tells me it's not a valid message centre DN?
The button has changed to "message" but I can't assign the vm number, just keep getting the same invalid dn error.

No, you're right key 16

CLS has to have MWA prior to key add.

Mato' Was'aka

MAke sure this is programmed in the otm.

Go to OTM navigator window.
Right click on the system name.
choose properties.
click on customer tab.
highlight customer 0 and click properties in lower right of screen.
click numbering plan and in the window scroll to "message center dn" and make sure it has the pilot number of your VM.

If you don't have this then you cant program a MWK key in OTM

I checked it, and this is what I have. We set our vm to 8333, so it's in the range of 8000-8999. This anomoly happens only on 3 phones there. They are all M3903's

8ax6mgj.gif

Did you confirm MWA in CLS? What if you try to do it manualyy instead of through OTM?

MWA confirmed and tried directly. It seems only if we assign an existing line to a new hire in this wing, MWA doesn't work. If we transfer a member of the staff to this wing with an existing number, MWA works fine.

The wing where the staff is moving was the IT wing at one time and there was a call distribution center there. That's since been removed, however when we first started moving people there lines couldn't be enabled because the ACD was still enabled. We've removed that and since we started adding new lines this problem presented itself.

What if you OUT the set and then CPY a phone that works properly? Not really recommended, but curious to see what happens.

That sounds like a good idea. When you say "Not really recommended" is there anything I should be worried about? I blow up the card or the TN will I?

If it is not an ACD phone you should be fine with copy

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

What I mean by not recommended is what John said about ACD phones. Also, don't use the copy command like 20 times in a row. It can cause corruptions. A few at a time is okay though.

we use copy a lot here.. but never on an acd set.. it's a good way to spend a few days rebuilding your software

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

same here. I learned the hard early in my career all about corrupt ACD TN's. But regular 39XX phones and the such are fine.

That was my main worry, not to blow anything up. I'll give it a shot. Thanks guys for all your help.

what is the dn your trying to enter and is the number programed in ld 23? Is it a cdn or acd? Sounds like to me that you trying to put in a number that is dcfw'd to the acd/cdn vm number.

Go into ld 20 and prt that dnb. If it prints out as anything other then a acd or cdn number then you have found your issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back