Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sync with Palm 4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KFCon

Technical User
Dec 15, 2003
US
I have followed the instructions posted by doctorj227 in order to sync Sidekick with Palm 4.1 below is his recommendations followed by my problem
"I had been using Sidekick97, I recently purchased an Palm IIIxe. I found that my Sidekick97 did not have any HotSync capability, or more important I had to purchaes Hotsync from Starfish. I wanted to transfer my Sidekick97 data to my Palm. So after posting a question on this forum and being redirected to a faq(check the other threads); I was able to aquire Sidekick98 with TrueSync 2.5.
Now i have been able to Sync my Address, Card Files, and memos to my Palm.
You will have to do some minor fudging but it works.
I installed in order, Palm Desktop 4.01, then Sidekick98, DONOT install the Sidekick98 True Sync. First make sure that you can use the Sync from Desktop to Palm using the Palm Sync Manager. This assures you that all is working. If this does not work, then you can get assistance from palm. Once you have established that you can Sync, go back and install SideKick98 True Sync. Then REAL IMPORTANT, copy sisaddr.dll, sisdate.dll,sismemo.dll, sisn.dll, and sistodo.dll from TrueSync folder over to Pilot Desktop. Then you will be able to sync Sidekick98 and Palm, you have to rename some fields in palm if you are syncing card files."

I have been able to sync, however I have run into two problems both associated with TrueSync configuation wizzard
1. The changes I make in the TrueSync configuation wizzard on cardfile do not save and fields are left out, ie business and mobile fields do not save mapped over
2. in the card file screen I am not able to choose syncronize between palm and sidekick, I can only overwrite palm or sidekick.
Help, Thanks

You're probably better off using the Truesync Plus series which has Palm synchronization along with numerous other mobile devices. This is an updated system theat is more compatible with the modern Palm OS. The version of TS included with SK98 is 2.5 which was implemented when Palm was still called US Robotics.

There is a reference in the FAQ's that tells you where you can download the Truesync Plus files.

-ronnie-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back