Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sync to Exchange 5/Outlook 2003 Contacts and Calander

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabhawk

Programmer
Apr 23, 2002
US
Help,
My CEO bought a Tmobile Pocket PC and is attempting to setup a sync to his Outlook 2003/Exchange 5.5 based PC. He messed up the setup and uninstalled/reinstalled the software.

We need to sync the Contacts and Calander that is on the server.

We setup ActiveSync 3.7 and create a partnership from the device to the PC(Pc only not server) and were able to sync the PC items but any Exchange data is not coming over. The server settings point to the server by IP and have a valid user/pass/domain.

Looking at the devices log the server elements are not attempting syncing at all.

If there a good reference on how to setup this type of connection? Any help is appreciated.

Jon

Jonthan A Black

I don't sync to a server so I will be of limited help, but I can tell you that ActiveSync 3.7 isn't quite the latest version. I'm running 3.7.1 which you can download from MicroSoft's web site - try it, it might fix your problem.

If not then the only thing I can suggest is to delete the partnership and try setting up a new one. You can do this by starting up ActiveSync when the device isn't connected and going to File/Delete Partnership. To make doubly sure, go to 'Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Microsoft\ActiveSync\Profiles' and delete (or move) all the sub-directories.

It's worth a shot!

Nelviticus

I checked and 3.7.1 is running. There are no partnerships listed and the folder is clear.

Worse now the device will not sync anymore. The PC shows a continual "connecting" message while the device is cradled but the device does a quick "connecting"..."disconnected" message and no sync is logged.

We have been unable to correct the issue. Uninstalled AS, bebooted, reloaded, even restored PPC from last good backup.

Help?

XP
Office 2003
Exchange 5.5
AS 3.7.1
Tmobile HP IPaq

Jonthan A Black

Tried the MS tool and it just led us to a USB or cable being the issue.

We have a mirror PC that we will try an install to today. My new issue is the the user went ahead in installed the new XP SP plus Office 2003 updates and other patches.

I will have my hands filled with retesting.

GROUP, is there any good FAQ's or articals on ActiveSync.

Jonthan A Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back