Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sync Symposium express to the PBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

rheine

Vendor
Apr 13, 2009
US
We have an older Symposium express(installed in 2005) that recently failed and was replaced. The problem is that the GRTD reports keep resetting during the day and after looking at the alarm logs I see the "Time server" keeps getting reset. That log file also does not archieve and gets overwritten by that same log entry with a different time stamp. Someone told me that there is a way to Sync the symposium server to the PBX clock. They believe that is why the GRTD stat's keep resetting. This does not seem to happen all of the time where the stat's get reset and that could be because it takes a number of clock sync's or adjustments before the reset occurs? This is just a guess.

Does anyone know the procedure in changing the timing source in Symposium to the PBX clock?

The Symposium server time always syncs with the PABX. If you like it or not. It syncs. And if I remember correct the time service of windows should be disabled (It's in the manual somewhere).

For GRTD change your setting from moving window to interval and/or set the correct interval settings (Start time, work time etc)

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

Check to see if the widows time service is disabled in the services window on symposium server.this is the usal culprit if you are having this issue

Good morning Marc D. The vendor we use for support with complicated issues told me the same thing that Symposium will sync off the PBX automatically and that there is no specific settings. Our computer support person that installed this replacement server several weeks back disabled all the automatic clocks in the server so it should sync off the PBX. I am not sure why that is not happening? I did adjust the PBX time to match the Symposium server time and the GRTD appears to be working correctly at this time. The problem is that I will need to constantly look at the PBX time and the Symposium server time to verify that they are exactly the same. I did notice that if the Symposium time is a minute or more off from the PBX the GRTD stats will reset. I do not believe there is any other way of getting around this other than constantly monitor(manually) the clocks and adjust in the PBX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back