Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sync/Async delay after conecting to multiple sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 4, 2000
GB
I have a modem/TA attached to a sync/async port on a 3640. When I set the Fast Idle Timer to connect to an alternative site, the line drops and appears to get ready to contact the other site.

However, I have lowered the re-enable time but, there is an invisble further delay of anywhere from 20-30 seconds +.

I am wondering if I have missed a timeout parameter on either the sync/async interface or line decription.

I am also wondering if I need to add commands to the line to force it down atfer I have time out the serial interface!

I also wondered if it might be an IP route issue where it is not clearing the old routes ?

Any Ideas!!!

Thanks

Richard [sig][/sig]

how is your line configured now ?
example

line 1
no exec
modem inout
transport input all
flowcontrol hardware
databits 7
stopbits 1
parity odd
speed 1200 [sig][/sig]

The answer is that I have just added the speed command on the line!

However, I thought I would copy your example above but, it seemed to stop working all together.

What is important out of the above, bearing in mind that I am using a TA and not a modem although I appreciate that there might not be a lot of difference.

Your assistance is appreciated! [sig][/sig]

Great, I'm glad I could help ! [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back