Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sync 4.83e Client Login with XP Login

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnhouk

Technical User
Oct 24, 2001
US
How can I enter user ABC pass 123 into the novell login and it automatacally login as ABC 123 into XP? It seems to work if its a repeat login of the same user, but if a different user logs in, they have to change the windows login aswell. Very tedious.
Any info appreciated,
John

If you have the local account on the XP box for the ABC user with the same password, the user should automatically authenticate to the XP box when their Novell credentials are entered (note: XP password is case sensitive).

Alternatively, Dynamic Local User works with XP. -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

"It seems to work if its a repeat login of the same user, but if a different user logs in, they have to change the windows login aswell."

"Alternatively, Dynamic Local User works with XP."

Based on what I've dug up, I'm guessing thats some Zen works thing? I really know very little about netware.

Thank you Sal. Anyway, check out the following ZENworks link:
ZENworks is (in essence) a solution for the distribution and management of software to PCs as well as allowing the configuration of user and workstation profiles for users. ZENworks has a feature called "Dynamic Local User" which, in association with the NetWare Client, will automatically create a local account on NT/W2k/XP workstations following a successful logon. Not only would this resolve your issue, but this means that you do not have to manually create local accounts. -----------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back