Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SymposiumTAPI users administration trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

joynew68

Programmer
Feb 15, 2005
CZ
We are running Symposium TAPI rel.3.0 on W2k server. Is there any trick how to add new user and associate all lines to him?
It was quite easy on TAPI 2.1. /NT server. But after upgrade to the 3.0/W2k there users administration seems to be much more difficult.

Many thanks for help,

Joy

On your Desktop Right Click on My Computer
then Click on
1). Manage
Then open the folder
2). Telephone service,
and Click
3). on \m1server\

You can add users using the property page from there on.

enjoy it.

Is the process you mention any different than launching the TAPIMgmt tool and adding users that way? It appears to be identical.

If so, we always run into an issue when associating users with TN's. Here's our scenario:

We utilize free seating which allows any user to sit at any TN and log into Symposium. To make this work, we associate every call centre agents LAN account info, with every TN. So, for example, if you look at any TN, you will see approximately 150 users associated to it. When a new TN is created, we right click on the TN, choose "Edit Users", then click "Add", confirm the container is pointing to the Domain our users are in, and then we copy/paste a large text file containing all of our agents (example: jdoe; jsmith; wgretzky; etc etc). The names get resolved, we click on OK and voila.. the TN now has all users associated.

Here's the problem.. if we try to add/modify users on another TN after completing the above, TAPIMgmt freezes up to the point you have to End Task. If you launch TAPIMgmt after the End Task, typically we find that the TN's are no longer displayed, and we end up rebooting the server. Naturally this is a huge pain, and therefore we only make changes after hours. The workaround we use is to add/modify 1 TN, close out completely from TAPIMgmt, then relaunch TAPIMgmt and modify the 2nd TN. Rinse and Repeat.

Please tell me there is an easier way to add new users to existing TN's, and existing users to new TN's. This can't possibly be the way it's meant to work?

Sorry for the essay.. just wanted to explain myself as best I could.

But be shure to log on "local" onto Tapi Server not over any domain account otherwise the required element is ghosted ;-)

Thanks for your experience.
We operate free seating call center system so every user should have associated all TNs.
I couldn’t believe there are such poor admin possibilities for this configuration after TAPI upgrade to 3.0.
But it seems there is no easier way. So we have still to continue our laborious procedure.
1. Add anyone user to new TN or new user to any TN. File tsec.ini in C:\WINNT contains this change.
2. Copy tsec.ini to the MS Excel sheet, copy all lines set from tsec.ini to another Excel sheet and then run some macros. The result is new Excel sheet which contains all TNs associated with all users. Then copy to Notepad and we have eventually new tsec.ini.
3. Fortunately we can replace old tsec file during business hours – no any impact on CTI functionality appeared so far and no TAPI server restart is necessary after procedure.

joy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back