Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symposium 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlezzz

MIS
Oct 16, 2002
US
New to symposium 5.0

A manager is going to have a team meeting and needs to pull everyone off the phones. Previous to Symposium, he had the ability to activate a telephone message for incoming calls.
Is there something that can be done in Symposium to let callers know agents are not available? Or how to set it up for the skillset?

Thanks for your help!

Possibly something in script variable to set for 30 minutes for the meeting on that day?

Yes. At the beginning of the script you can insert time intrinsic. For meeting time can be played announcement “ sorry, we are not here …. “ The script could look like this:

IF (DAY OF MONTH= 25) AND (TIME OF DAY=9:30..10:00) THEN
GIVE CONTROLLED BROADCAST ANNOUNCEMENT 3610
PLAY PROMPT VOICE SEGMENT WeAreNotHere

ELSE

QUEUE TO SKILLSET xy or ( EXECUTE section, ROUTE CALL ….)

END IF

The call flow can simply continue through your old part of script.

jj

If you insert and agent ID in there, somebody can activate it remotelly (we use it for Emergency situations).

IF NOT LOGGED OUT AGENT 12345 THEN
END IF

I checked with our vendor that originally set this up. When
all agents in skillset are logged out during business hours, it should go to a greeting (not here special message)

Instead, it goes to our closed greeting. The vendor advised we do not have enoogh message ports for the special greeting but they set up the box for us....

We use what we call special agents (not a Nortel term). If these special agents are logged in then the script plays a particular message or routes them to a mailbox based on what agent is logged in. For example when all agents are attending a traing session we have this in the scripts:

IF NOT LOGGED OUT AGENT 700911
THEN
ROUTE CALL 6001
END IF

When the agents log out to go to the traing event, the supervisors then log in agent 700911. The script checks for this agent and executes the proper routing and or message.

Hope this Helps,

I agree with turtlezzz on this one. I've been handling it be using a time of day and day of week to determine between business hours and non-business hours. If a call goes to voicemail during business hours it gets a different message than if it does during non-business hours.

Then you just give them the message number and password to update the prompt for the day to match the circumstance and let them record it themselves. Once everyone logs out that message would go active.

It doesn't restrict them to any time frames, or reasons, ect... just whenever they feel like it.

We use the Agent ID to cover many situations, such as if running fire drills, network down, out of coffee etc.

The problem with the time of day command, is it is very strict, so if the meeting runs over by 5, the lines are back up, same if it's only 10 mins long, your team sit around twiddling their fingers.

Stu..

Only the truly stupid believe they know everything.
Stu.. 2004

I think what you would do is instead of putting a specific time of day and day of week is set up your script to give either of two messages- one during business hours when no one is logged in & one during out of hours when no one is logged in. This is just off the top of my head, but something like this:

IF OUT OF SERVICE AND business_hours_gv = TRUE THEN
GIVE IVR with TREATMENT 66000 (Regular hours)
Else
GIVE IVR with TREATMENT 66001 (Out of regular hours)
End IF

Then you change the message on 66000 as necessary with "All Agents are not available at this time" or what ever. Then you are not tied to a specific time interval for a meeting/training.

You might need to play with this piece of script, but this is the gist of it.

Like I said it is just off the top of my head.

Good luck,
Earl

I forgot to mention that you also need to verify the buisness day and not a holiday or you'll get the day message on a Holiday or Weekend if you did not check for that. That is why I said you need to play with the scriot part I suggested. It is just a reference as how to handle the different messages with the different time of day.

Earl

Did you get this one resolved? I have an easy fix. just joined tek-tips so not sure if you need a reply or not.

what ended up happening was since there was a box set up previously was in CallPilot... a recording that the dpt can record the unavailable message and in the script, if out of service, go to SDN in CallPilot. tested and works as requested. Thanks everyone for all the postings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back