Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symposium Web Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBarrnes

MIS
Jul 12, 2004
US
I'm trying to set up the web client and everytime I do, it keeps prompting me to install a SOAP client. I have installed it several times but it always keeps prompting me.
It also asks me to list the site in a trusted site zone, but it won't allow me to put it in my trusted sites because it says that it already exists in another zone. Any ideas?
Thanks Tb

Also check to see that Active X is allowed; and the security settings for the trusted site should be set to Medium/Low or Low.

It sounds like the SWC address was added to an incorrect zone within IE. Remove it from the other zone and you should be able to add it to the trusted sites zone. There are 4 zones within IE.

Good Luck
Rob

to add others' comments:
- make sure to go to IE's tools-> i/net options-> security-> custom levels...
and enable all (if not most of) active-X related & scripting options (i did all of them).

- make sure proxy (if used) is configured properly

good luck..

You can uninstall and install the SOAP again, also you can check in what kind of site is your web client if you check the right corner down in the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back