Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symposium Web Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

teddybear0677

Programmer
May 19, 2005
AU
I am having some problems with the Symposium Web Client. I can connect to Symposium through Access and it is okay.
I can see the real time reporting, but am unable to see the historical reporting or the contact centre management. when I click on them, I receive an error on the bottom "Error: No servers have been configured.". I have checked the IE settings and am using IE 6 on Win 2000. Another person logged on here with his symposium logon and received the same error.
Any ideas? [ponder]

First you must add the symposium web client as a trusted internet explorer site. Then you must download the Nortel plugin to allow the displaying if the server tree. Then you must configure which symposium server you will be accessing then you will be able to view that server's information.

Martin

You need to install SOAP client on to the p.c that you using to access the SWC,Also need to add the swc server as a trusted site and enable active X controls,this is all done as administrator on the p.c,and then try and access the SWC to see if you can access all the components of SWC.
once this is done you need to relogin as a user on the p.c and make the same changes as a above.....if you need further info reply back....

OK as above you need to do the following on clients:

Install SOAP
Add the SWC address to the trusted site
in IE settings enable all activeX controls for the trusted site
Allow the trustedsite to accept all cookies
in the advance section of the IE settings select reuse windows

After all this is done you should be working smoothly

MoMoZoNe

Thanks. I have tried the IE settings and they are the same as you have described. I have installed SOAP and am still receiving the message.
I am an admin of the PC already, but seems to be making no difference.
Any Ideas?

Teddybear0677.

Do you have a popup-blocker installed? If so, it has to be removed.

Hope that I am not asking a stupid question if this error is seen, had you added the server into your the swc when you login? if u did, U need to download the below application for scripting. I remember the first time I am launching, I will get all these prompt for installation.

=>True DB Grid Pro (all clients using Scripting). For a complete listing of the third-party controls required on the client PC, see “Third-party controls
required on the client PC” on page 396.
=>Terminal Services Active X Control (all clients using Scripting)

I have had this issue. Make sure that you machines can ping the Web server , and from the Web Server you are able to ping the clients. Also make sure WINS/DNS is setup with your Web Server address. If all else fails enter the Symposium Server name into your local Host file, and this should help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back